Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Pontocho Alley on this 3-hour bar hopping adventure. With a local guide, learn about the area, visit hidden bars, and taste authentic Kyoto specialties including sake, tempura, and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in front of the Izumo no Okuni statue at Gion Shijo Station, right outside exit 5.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Please note that this is not a private tour
- Children aged over 15 can join the tour, but only guests over 20 can drink due to Japanese alcohol laws
- Please bring cash for your food and drinks as most bars don't accept credit cards
- You do not need to pay for the guide's food and drinks
- Some bars require that each guest purchase at least 1 food item and 1 drink
- Please note that some izakaya bars have a cover charge of 300-500 JPY ($2-4) per person, which usually includes a small appetizer