Experience the wonders of a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Learn about the ceremony's history and the different tea-making methods from an English-speaking tea master from Urasenke, the biggest school of tea ceremony in Japan.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 45 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- English, Japanese, Javanese
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group available
Select participants and date
37 Nishi-Goshonouchi-cho Kinugasa Kita-ku Kyoto city, 603-8377. How to get there: A 1 minute walk from Kinkakuji-michi city bus stop. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from Kitaoji subway station. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from JR Enmachi. Or a 1 minute walk from the gate of Kinkakuji-temple. Next to the parking area for bicycles if you are visiting Kinkakuji-temple.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Video recording
Know before you go
- If you choose the Kimono wearing add-on, please come 20 minutes before the start time of the tea ceremony
- There is no dress code for this activity
- If you might have difficulty sitting on floor, please inform the supplier and they will be able to provide chairs
- This tour is recommended for those who wish to learn Japanese traditional culture, as it offers the full version of the thin tea ceremony as opposed to a simplified version customized for foreign tourists