Kyoto: Learn To Cook a Tradition Meal in a Local Home
From $36 per personBook now
- Take a hands-on, private Japanese cooking lesson at a local home in Kyoto
- Savor an authentic meal that you helped prepare, sitting at a low, Japanese-style dining table
- Get a glimpse into local cuisine and culture
- Learn about family recipes passed down through generations and local ingredients
The menu might include Japanese home-cooked dishes such as nikujaga (a dish of meat and potatoes stewed in soy sauce), kinpira gobo (a sweet and savory sauté of burdock root and carrots), saikyo-zuke (Kyoto-style miso-marinated fish), and dessert. After your cultural experience and meal, Keiko will drop you back off at the train station. Leave Keiko with new recipes, a full stomach, a true glimpse into a local’s life, and an appreciation of Japanese cuisine and culture.
- Cooking Lesson
- Local Host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Take the subway from Kyoto Station to Kokusaikaikan Station, which should take about 20 minutes. Keiko will pick you up and drive you to her home. Meet her in front of Exit 3 on the street level. She will be standing between the stairs and escalator when you exit the station. The drive to her home takes about 15min.
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Product ID: 69988