Tucked away on the 35-acre Pulau Orang Utan, Orang Utan Island is the world's first and only 5-acre rehabilitation and conservation facility where Orang Utans roam free.
What to Expect
Orang Utan Island, tucked away on the 35-acre Pulau Orang Utan, is the world's first and only 5-acre rehabilitation and conservation facility where Orang Utans roam free. The unique island serves as a breeding sanctuary as well as a conservation, research and education center to better understand this endangered species.
Upon arrival, wait for the ferry to take you to the Orang Utan Island, which is about 10-minute boat ride across. At the island, you will be taken through a 100-meter steel walkthrough 'cage tunnel' to come up close and personal with these primates.
In a twist, you will be enclosed in a 'cage' as you observe the Orang Utans roaming freely in their natural habitats.
- Local driver/guide (English speaking)
- Air-conditioned vehicle for the entire journey
- Meals as stated (1 Local Lunch)
- Full day Bukit Merah & Ipoh Tour
- Boat ride to Orang Utan Island Tour at Bukit Merah Laketown Resort
- Tour and transfer as per itinerary
What's Not Included
- Tips to driver/guide
- Personal insurance/expenses
- Entrance fees to Museum/Garden/Park/etc (not mentioned above)
Know Before You Go
Please bring mosquito repellent and wear comfortable shoes as there may be some light walking.
Due to very dry season and very shallow water, the boat ride to Orang Utan Island may be cancelled by Bukit Merah resort. In light of this, your guide will replace the Orang Utan Tour with the Firefly Tour.
Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations.