Explore the underground labyrinth of the Wieliczka Salt Mines to discover one of the world’s largest mining heritage museums. See sacred art and old mining equipment that reflects the mining techniques of the Middle Ages through to the modern day.
What to Expect
Head underground to explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine, and marvel at the salt formations, including the stunning Chapel of St. Kinga. Located in the town of Wieliczka in southern Poland, just outside of Krakow, you will transfer to the mine by air-conditioned vehicle, and then begin your descent.
Start with a climb down stairs to a depth of 64 meters. You will be led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines, and salt monuments.
Follow the underground trail through numerous drifts and galleries, where traces of mining activity have been preserved. See examples of sacred art and themed compositions relating to the history of the mine.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is at the same time the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Private guide
- Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the temperature in the mine is a constant 14 degrees, and it is recommended you bring warm clothes even in summer
• There are 800 steps, including 380 at the start. Please wear comfortable shoes. Part of the route has wheelchair access, although prior booking is necessary
• The price does not include fees for photography and filming. A discount entrance fee is available for students aged up to 24 with a valid student ID. Entry is free for children under 5 years of age traveling with carers, although it is necessary to provide this information on booking
• The service does not include a meal, so please bring a packed lunch
• It is forbidden to smoke or use open flames in the mine