Enjoy a private walking tour that cover all the main sights of Krakow in a half day, including the Old Town and the Wawel Castle and Kazimierz Jewish districts. Learn about the history of Krakow and Polish history and culture from your guide.
What to Expect
This 3.5-hour walking tour begins in the heart of Krakow’s Old Town, just a few minutes away from Europe’s biggest medieval Market Square.
Visit some Krakow’s most famous sites, including St. Mary’s Basilica (exterior), the Cloth Hall, Rynek, the Town Hall, Jagiellonian University, and the Franciscan Church.
You’ll get an introduction to Poland’s rich history and culture and you’ll hear about some of the characters that have made Krakow and Poland the majestic places they are today.
The next part of the tour takes you to the bohemian Kazimierz district, where you’ll learn about Krakow’s Jewish community in the past and present. See the oldest synagogue, the old Jewish cemetery and the Remuh Synagogue (all from the outside only).
Hear all about the far-reaching contributions made by the Jews from this area throughout history. Stop for a refreshment break and taste some local sweet specialties.
For the final leg of the tour you’ll climb up the slope to the Wawel Castle area. Hear about the legend of the dragon and the most important royals from Poland’s history. Get a sneak peek into the grand palace courtyards, the castle, and the cathedral (exterior only) and finish your tour admiring the views of Krakow and the Vistula River.
Your private guide may pick you up at your city center accommodation, or you can meet at the tour provider’s office in the heart of the Old Town. The guide will be at your disposal throughout the tour, giving you plenty of opportunity to ask questions and ask for tips and hints about where to go and what else to do during your stay in Krakow.
- Private English-speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drinks with Polish dessert
- Public transportation tickets
What's Not Included
- Attraction and museum admission fees
- Other food and beverages
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You need to be sufficiently fit for light continuous walking for up to 3+ hours
• Tours operate in all weather conditions, so please dress accordingly
• You must provide accommodation info when booking the tour. If this information is not provided or the accommodation is not centrally located, then the starting point is the tour operator's office
• The order and content of the tour may be adjusted at the time of pick-up
• Tours canceled within 72 hours of the date will incur a penalty and no refund will be provided. No-shows and non-participation are considered non-refundable