From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour
Pickup optionalYour hotel in Krakow city center.
- Visit the largest concentration camp of the Nazi Holocaust at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Learn more about the dark history from a professional guide
- Go to the original barracks and see where the prisoners were held
- See the main gate to Auschwitz
Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau
Auschwitz I (guided tour)
Auschwitz II-Birkenau (guided tour)
Funded by the Nazi party in 1940, Auschwitz-Birkenau became both a symbol of human suffering and a witness to physical and emotional exhaustion. As the largest concentration camp operated by the Nazis, it became the final resting place for millions of people, mostly Jews, put to their death in the hideous gas chambers.
Visit the museum and memorial in the suburbs of Oświęcim, about 60 kilometers west of Krakow. Upon arrival, approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes later, meet a professional guide who will show you around the site and speak of its dark history.
Pass through the gate with the inscription "Arbeit macht frei" to enter Auschwitz I, where your guide will show you around the preserved area and explain the history of this place. Then, visit the second camp at Birkenau, where mass killings took place as part of the Nazi "Final Solution to the Jewish Question." Spend about 1 hour at the Birkenau camp, before meeting your driver for the return journey to Kraków.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (depending on option selected)
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- English-speaking driver
- Entry to Auschwitz-Birkenau memorial
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
• Hotel pickup and drop-off is only available for tours in English
• Please note that you are not permitted to enter the museum with large bags or backpacks (the maximum size permitted is 20 x 30 centimeters)
• Your pickup time may vary depending on your location and you will be informed by phone or email to your hotel reception in the event of any changes
• Please advise if you require a child safety seat when booking
• It is recommended to bring lunch and drinks with you
From US$ 39.13 US$ 19.57 per person