Visit the historically important site of Auschwitz-Birkenau and learn about WWII concentration camps in Poland. Later tour the underground Salt Mine in Wieliczka, one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. Enjoy a packed lunch of Polish products.
What to Expect
You’ll get an early start on this 11-hour combination tour that begins with a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau and continues later with the opportunity to explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
First you’ll stop at Auschwitz I, where you will join a 2.5-hour English tour, provided by the museum’s guide. After that, the tour continues at Auschwitz II-Birkenau, which is about 2 kilometers away. You’ll spend about an hour with the same guide and explore the site while hearing about its history.
During the second half of your full-day program, you’ll travel to the Salt Mine in Wieliczka, which is one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. It has been producing table salt for over 700 years!
Enjoy a delicious packed lunch set (at 14:30) with the best Polish products.
The English-speaking tour of the Mine will begin at 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on road conditions). Head 140 meters underground on a 2.5-hour journey along more than 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes and see chambers with amazing carvings and statues, with everything made of salt.
You should arrive back at your hotel not later than at 19:30.
- Door-to-door transportation (free hotel pick-up)
- Documentary film
- English-speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau
- English-speaking guide in the Salt Mine
- All admission fees and tickets
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- For pick-up at Balice Airport/hotels near the airport there is an additional fee of PLN 60.00 per booking
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks that can be carried on the Museum grounds is 30x20x10 centimeters. You can always leave your belongings inside the bus, which will be parked nearby
• The Salt Mine tour begins at around 16:00. Your English-speaking guide will take you on a tour of 2-2.5 hours, to 140 meters underground on a journey of over 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes
• To reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), you have to descend a wooden stairway of 378 stairs. After the tour, you will be taken up to the surface by a lift