Explore Krabi’s mangrove forest by long-tail boat and encounter the abundant wildlife in the area including fish, monkeys, and birds. On this 3-hour tour you will cruise along the small canals among the mangroves and visit the famous Khao Khanab Nam Cave.
What to Expect
On this 3-hour tour you will discover the mangrove trees in the Krabi Province. A local guide will take you to the mangrove forests of Krabi in a traditional long-tail boat, where you can see the interesting sights of this abundant feeding location, including the Khao Khanab Nam Cave which lies in-between 2 mountains and displays impressive stalagmites and stalactites.
You will enter the small canals of the mangrove forest and see different types of mangrove trees as well as local wildlife, including monkeys, birds, and fish. You can also relax and enjoy a fish show with balloon fish, catfish, black kingfish, and crabs at a typical fish farm in the local Koh Klang community.
Thailand only has a few areas that have been recognized as wetlands of the world and the mangrove forest of Krabi Province, covering an area of 100,000 rai (160 square kilometers) stretching from the city to Koh Si Boya, is ranked in the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance. The protected area also covers 12 square kilometers of up to 2-kilometer wide tidal mudflats.
The area is popular with birdwatchers coming to spot some of the most diverse and rare species in the world, including the Masked Finfoot and the Brown-winged Kingfisher to name just a few. The mangroves are a habitat for various species of wildlife including reptiles, birds, marine creatures, and humans.
- Drinking water
- Local guide
- Life jacket
- National park entrance fee
What's Not Included
- Choose the seafood lunch add-on if you would like to enjoy a rich lunch menu in the fishfarm
Know Before You Go
• The long-tail boat is limited to 10 people
• Please bring sunglasses, suncream, and of course your camera on the trip.
• It's possible to buy a transfer add-on from your hotel in Ao Nang, Railay Beach, Klong Muang Beach, Nopparat Thara Beach, Tupkaak Beach, or Krabi Airport to the tour starting point in Krabi town.
• The pick-up service from Krabi town is free.