Paddle yourself with a kayak into the canyons of Ao Thalen. Enjoy the stunning limestone cliffs, mangroves and plenty of wildlife. Have a delicious Thai lunch before swimming in Phu Tara fresh water stream, and enjoy a 1-hour elephant trek in the jungle.
What to Expect
Ao Thalane Bay is one of the most beautiful mangrove forests in Southern Thailand, filled with amazing shaped karst formations and a plenty of wildlife. It is situated at the Andaman coast, about 20 km from Krabi Town.
Start your day trip with a pickup from your hotel and take a 30-minute scenic drive through rural villages to the incredible Thalane Bay. This area is perfect for cruising in a kayak, with towering limestone cliffs protecting the endangered mangrove environment at the coast. Discover various coves, small inlets, and hidden lagoons on this paddling tour, the shade from the jungle all around you will keep it cool. If you are lucky, see wild monkeys and other wildlife. The total paddle time is around 1.5 hours, not including breaks.
The tour guide will give you basic instructions on safety and on how to use the paddles. You will cruise on flat calm water so the tour is also suitable for first time kayakers or kids. Most of the kayaks are three seaters although its normal to use one kayak for two adults.
A set menu lunch is provided at the kayak center before heading to Phu Tara, to take a refreshing swim in a secluded, natural forest pool. Continue to the Nosey Parker Elephant Camp near Ao Nang for the 1-hour elephant trek through rubber plantations and along a cliffside stream. You will arrive back at your hotel at 16:30.
- Round trip hotel transfers
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Restaurant lunch (Thai dishes with rice)
- Kayak equipment including life jackets and dry bags
- Licensed local guide
- Basic insurance
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Bring swimwear, and/or a change of clothes, towel, adequate sun protection (cream, glasses, hat), flip-flops, and a camera.
• Please note that the tour program can change due to tidal and weather conditions.
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants or people with back or neck problems.