Explore Kerala’s backwaters, renowned for their beauty, on an 8-hour tour from Kochi. Discover this integral and beautiful aspect of life in the region, passing rice paddies, learning about the local fruits and plants, and enjoying lunch at a family home.
What to Expect
Selected by National Geographic Traveler as one of the top 10 "Paradises Found,” Kerala is a place of diverse geography, overwhelming greenery, and unique beauty. In particular, the Kerala backwaters are known for being one of the biggest jewels in Kerala’s crown.
Spend the day with a local guide and set off on a journey from Kochi into the stunning countryside of Kerala. The journey is a photographer’s dream for its scenic splendor. Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed into the home of a local family. With a traditional cup of chai tea and a lunch waiting for you on arrival, converse with the family and learn more about their lives.
After lunch, continue with a walk through the village and explore the rice paddies. Hear how the backwaters are such an integral part of life in Kerala, and learn more about the local fruits and vegetables, as well as local culture and customs.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation with hotel pick-up and drop off
- Village walk
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Maximum group size of 12 people
• Please contact Kochi Urban Adventures to confirm your tour 24 hours prior to departure
• Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, modest clothing is strongly recommended. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot climate
• Children must be 6 to 11 years inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour