Cruise the fabled Keralan backwaters by traditional houseboat and small canoe on a 7-hour tour from Fort Cochin, and see the villages along the lush canals. Enjoy a vegan lunch in the countryside, and immerse yourself in the everyday lives of the locals.
What to Expect
Discover the famous backwater canals of Kerala on a full-day tour from Fort Cochin, and immerse yourself in a quiet way of life, far from the pressures of big city life.
The tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel or homestay in Fort Cochin. Drive to a village just outside Cochin city to board a traditional Keralan houseboat, with an open cover to keep off the harsh sun, while allowing in the refreshing breezes.
The boats have a capacity for about 20 people, allowing for an intimate experience while enjoying the serenity of the landscape.
Then, savor a vegan lunch in a local village, before climbing into a small open canoe to get access to the smaller canals. Your guide will paddle you through the sumptuous vegetation, stopping at a village to explore the local way of life and meet some friendly villagers.
Float slowly back towards Fort Cochin for a transfer back to the city by approximately 17:00.
- Pick-up and drop off at Fort Cochin hotels and homestays
- Cruise by large and small boats
What's Not Included
- Pick-up or drop off outside of Fort Cochin
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Cancellations made less than 72 hours before the start of the tour are not subject to a refund. Cancellations made more than 72 hours before the tour will get a full refund. In the case of a no show or cancellation of a guaranteed reservation, operator reserves the right to levy retention charges for the tour amount paid
• In the unlikely event that the operator is unable to conduct the tour (due to strikes, natural calamities etc.) you will get a full refund