Stand up paddling (SUP) is a great way to have fun and keep fit at the same time. Enjoy the 10 kilometers of tranquil waterways on Thesen Island with its many private beaches. A perfect family-friendly activity.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Private group
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 - 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- English, Afrikaans
- Enjoy the peacefulness of the Thesen Island Waterways
- Encounter the abundance of bird life
- Paddle your way around the enchanting island
- Life jackets (compulsory to wear)
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
TH44 Long st, Thesen Harbour Town, Thesen Island, KnysnaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Beginner tips
- If this is your first Stand-Up Paddle experience, stay in the protected waters of Thesen Island. The water is calmer and boats travel at wake speed.
- Keep hydrated
- Don’t get dehydrated! When on the water it is recommended that you keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- What to wear!
- Dress comfortably in a costume or shorts & a t-shirt. During the cooler winter months, you may want to bring a wet suit.
- Don’t forget the sunblock and sunglasses!
- Water reflects and magnifies the sun rays. Without protection you can get severely sunburned during your trip. Be sure to bring your sunglasses to protect your eyes from glare on the water.