Private Guided Walking Tour of Kensington and KnightsbridgeProduct ID: 14448
From $302.40 Per group up to 6Book now
- Explore London’s most well-regarded neighbourhoods, Kensington and Knightsbridge, on a 2-hour, privately guided walking tour
- A knowledgeable guide will provide an informal yet insightful introduction to London
- Walk along Kensington Gardens and visit the impressive Albert Memorial
- Pass and appreciate the architecture of the Imperial College of Science, the Science Museum and Natural History Museum
- Pop into the Victoria and Albert Museum and learn about Collectionism
- Walk through Harrods or Hyde Park
This tour is an informal introduction to London. Over the course of the walking tour, you will be given a broad, yet comprehensive view of the city. In particular your tour will focus on the neighbourhoods of Kensington and Knightsbridge. After obtaining the basic tools needed for you to effectively “read” London on your own, you will feel better prepared for the rest of your stay.
You will begin your tour by meeting your guide at St. Mary Abbots Church. The tour will begin by introducing the neighbourhoods of Kensington and Knightsbridge and the village-like atmosphere they convey even in these modern times.
You will first tour the affluent Kensington and make your way through to Knightsbridge. As you walk from High Street, your guide will take you along Kensington Gardens while discussing the amazing architecture along the edge of the park. Your walk will include a stop at the impressive Albert Memorial, where you will discuss the great era of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and their vision of London as a cultural centre of the world.
Turning onto Exhibition Road, you will pass the Imperial College of Science, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. You will no doubt find the architecture to be marvellous.
If time permits, you will also pop into the Victoria and Albert Museum and learn about the great era of Collectionism, which was the concept behind most of London’s original museums. From here the tour will continue up on Brompton onto Harrods or along to Sloan Street and Hyde Park.
This orientation level walk is ideal for those looking to orient themselves with the major areas London. After this tour you will be prepared to take on all that the city has to offer.
- Tour fee
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Admission fees
You will meet in front of St. Mary Abbots Church at the corner of Kensington Church Street and High Street Kensington. The closest tube stop is High Street Kensington. (Open in Google Maps)
• Tour can be cancelled up to 48 hours in advance for an 85% refund
• Cancellations must be made by calling the tour provider’s local office or emergency phone number (cancellations made via email or by calling the US 1-800 number are not considered valid)
• Within 48 hours all reservations are final and cannot be refunded; no shows are treated as last minute cancellations and will not be refunded
• If you are running late, please contact the tour provider so the guide can be alerted
Product ID: 14448