With the highest mountain range in Ireland as a backdrop, the world-famous Ring of Kerry traces the coastline of the Iveragh Peninsula encompassing Muckross, Killarney National Park, historic Derrynane, and the picturesque villages of Sneem and Kenmare.
What to Expect
Arrival Day – today’s distance 20km / 12ml
Take the short circular cycle to Muckross House and Killarney National Park and then back to Killarney for your overnight stop.
Killarney to Glenbeigh – todays distance 45km /28ml
Cycle west under the foothills of Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrantuohill, around the beautiful Caragh Lake before heading to the picturesque village of Glenbeigh and your overnight stop.
Glenbeigh to Caherciveen – todays distance 43km /27ml
Heading west, today’s route takes you to the peaceful and tranquil shores of Kells Bay. Finishing of the days cycle outside the town of Caherciveen over looking Valentia Island. You spend two nights in Caherciveen.
Today you have a free day. You can arrange a boat trip to the famous 6th century Skellig Island or take the ferry over to Valentia Island and cycle around this lovely little island that is stepped in history.
Caherciveen to Kenmare – todays distance 55km /34ml
Today’s cycle takes you on one of the most glorious route’s imaginable. An inland trip through the Inny Valley and the legendary Ballaghisheen and Ballaghbeama passes offering spectacular views as you descend to the southern shores of the peninsula and Kenmare.
Kenmare circular route – todays distance 40km /25ml
Enjoy a lovely circular cycle over to the Beara Peninsula and around Lough Inchiquinn before returning to Kenmare. It is hard to imagine that two peninsulas so close together geographically can be so different in landscape and appearance & today gives you the opportunity to see this contrast first hand.
Kenmare to Killarney – todays distance 38km /24ml
Today you cycle along backroads to the famous Molls Gap offering wonderful views over the spectacular Three Lakes of Killarney. From here you continue cycling to the Black valley and through the renowned Gap of Dunloe before returning to Killarney for your final night.
After a final breakfast and farewell you leave your cycle behind you and follow your own arrangements for your onward journey.
- 7 nights accommodation in family run bed and breakfasts
- Hybrid Bikes, ladies and gents, with full back-up service
- Luggage transport each moving day
- Full cycling details and maps of the area
- Full cycling descriptions of each suggested days route
- Meet and greet telephone contact to assure that all is in order
- Pre-departure information pack
- 24 hrs Emergency/Information contact/back-up number
- Airport transfers arranged/booked if required
- This holiday can start/finish any day of the week. Extra days welcome.
What's Not Included
- Any personal expenses – drinks, medical, gratuities etc.
- Lunches or evening meals
- Any extra days/nights
- Any costs to cycle repairs that are caused by bad care of bicycles