Saint Sophia's Cathedral Kiev
Pickup optionalPick-up from your centrally located hotel or apartment in Kiev.
- Enjoy the company of a private guide for a more personalized experience
- Take a fully narrated tour
- Explore the history of St. Sophia's Cathedral, Kiev
Kiev’s oldest standing church, St. Sophia, was built to commemorate the site of a victory of Kievan Rus over the Pechenegs (Asian nomadic tribes) and the glorify Christianity. It was named after the famous St. Sophia’s Cathedral in Constantinople. This majestic 13-cupola sanctuary adjoined Yaroslav’s Palace and become a holy place of worship for Kievites as well as a political and cultural center.
You will meet with an interior of rich frescoes and mosaics, many of which are still intact almost a millennium later, the cathedral made a huge impression on the ordinary worshippers of Kiev. The azure and while Bell Tower is 76-meters high. The cathedral’s upper Ukrainian Baroque section and gilded cupola were added in 1852. The 18th century refectory houses a museum and contains archaeological artefacts and architectural displays, such as models depicting Kyiv as it looked before being by Mongol invaders in 1240.
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (except walking tour)
- Transport by private car or by minivan or by minibus (except walking tour)
- Walking tour, guide will pick-up you at the entrance gate St.Sophia's Cathedral
- Explore the history of St. Sophia's Cathedral
- Visiting the museums. Museum operate days Sunday -Monday from 09:00 until 17:00
- Entrance fees to Museums St. Sophia's Cathedral (about US$3 per person)
- Please be know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra services
Prepare for the activity
Tour start near the Entrance Gate of the St.Sophia's Cathedral. Address: Volodymyrska street. 24 Guide will meet you with name sign in a hands "SOPHIA TOUR" in right side of the entrance Gate. Starting time is flexible. Please choose the Starting time at the day for the tour in your booking.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
You can purchase The Museum Ticket Card of the National Conservation Area "St. Sophia of Kiev" what valid 7 days and price is about US$4 per person. Card includes visiting: 1.St. Sophia's Cathedral the ground floor. 2.St. Sophia Cathedral the first floor (including exhibition halls). Exhibitions: "The Mosaics and Frescoes of St.Michael's Golden Domed Cathedral' of the XIIth century", "Secret Art - a Spiritual Heritage of the People". 3. The Refectory. Exhibitions: "The Architecture and Monumental Art of Kiev of the end of the Xth century. - the first half of the XIth century. "Ukrainian Amber World"". 4. The Metropolitian's Residence. 5. The Golden Gate Museum. 6. The St.Cyril's Church Museum.