Kiev: Guided Jewish Heritage Tour
Pickup includedYou will find your guide near the meeting point with nameplate Wonders & Holidays. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of your activity. Don't forget to present your confirmation/voucher and photo ID in exchange for your product.
- Learn about Jewish Kiev community life
- Visit the main Kiev synagogues
- Experience the Jewish heritage of Kyiv
- Honor Babi Yar, the place of the Holocaust tragedy
Many famous Jewish industrialists, scientists, writers, and artists worked in Kiev, and both the Prime Minister of Israel Golda Meir and the pianist Vladimir Horowitz were born here. Babi Yar is one of the most famous places in the world associated with the Holocaust tragedy. Nowadays, a memorial sign is set up, and by 2021, the first post-Soviet memorial center of the Holocaust will have been built there. Nearby are the remains of the 19th-century Jewish cemetery.
At the Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine, you can see a collection of the 19th-century Jewish ceremonial silver, which was considered lost for a long time. One of the collection’s main elements is the unique Torah Crown made in 1875. Its size, excellence, and rich décor make it completely unrivaled.
- Transport by air-conditioned car (or mini-bus)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets to the Museum of Historical Treasures
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card