Immerse yourself in Kiev's cuisine in this culinary tour, during which you will have the chance to try the favorite desserts of Russian emperors, the oldest drink of Kiev and more!
What to Expect
As often said, you are what you eat. If talking city-wise, this saying is also true. People in Kiev and their cuisine are a unique gastronomic universe. It has passed the test of centuries and you are invited to plunge into it.
You will learn:
• What the Kievan princes ate and why they would not have recognized anything from the modern Ukrainian cuisine
• Why pig fat has become a national dish of the Ukrainians
• Why offering a pumpkin to a man is insulting in Ukraine
• Where in Kiev is the largest collection of candy covers
• Bringing which treat to Kiev 100 years ago would make a fool out of you
• How the opening of the first beer factory in Kiev led to heart attack
• What Kiev recipe Nikita Khrushchev tried to steal
Prepare your taste buds, because you will try:
• The food of monks, which was admired by the Kievan princes
• The favorite desserts of Russian emperors
• The oldest drink of Kiev and more
Don't be afraid to get tired - during the tour you will go to rest and taste Kiev's cuisine in some of the city's most outstanding restaurants!
But be careful - during this tour you need to listen carefully because at the end there will be a quiz with prizes for the most attentive listeners.
- Local guide
- Private walking tour
Square in front of Zhytnyj market, crossroads of Verhnyj Val and Nizhnyj Val streets.
Know Before You Go
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions - please dress appropriately