For an example of a real jungle safari, join this experience deep into Khao Sok National Park. Canoe, walk and explore the huge variety of flora and fauna that can be found here in one of the world’s oldest rainforests.
What to Expect
No other place in southern Thailand can rival the natural scenery in the Khao Sok jungle thus a full day of 12 hours may only give you and your travel companions an idea about the extensiveness of this national park. You leave early from your resort on Phuket (conditions apply) at around 07:00 hrs and drive via the Sarasin bridge to the Thai mainland and further towards the entrance of Khao Sok National Park.
The tour heads across the causeway that runs through the Phang-Nga province, passing a scenic landscape of rubber plantations and small village communities on the way to Khao Sok. Upon your arrival at Khao Sok, board booked canoes, led by experienced national park guides. No paddling needed as these guides will do it for you, so you can keep your eyes open for any animals while enjoying the solitude and scenery. Birds and animals such as kingfisher, heron, egret and even wild monkeys live in this area. You now will see with your own eyes that the natural scenery is some of the best in Southern Thailand.
Khao Sok is also famous for its limestone or ‘karst ‘mountains. In most of the region, ground level is about 200m above sea level, with the average mountain heights around 400m. The tallest peak in the National Park is 960m in height. En route, you may see some of these amazing formations dotted at the horizon, creating a surreal, natural skyline.
Lunch will be served buffet-style at one of the local settlements where one can sample all the best, the Thai cuisine has to offer. In the afternoon, you reach one of the leading elephant conservation parks where you will get up and close with these gentle, grey animals. Via carefully chosen paths, you will join these pachyderms through the dense jungle. Their graceful movements remain a constant reminder on how gentle these animals navigate along sometimes tiny, narrow trails.
At the end of the journey, it is time to say bye to our generous hosts and you head back via the same way you arrived to Phuket and your hotels (drop off for resorts located at specific beaches only).
- Tours and transfer from and to your Phuket Hotel with driver
- English speaking guide
- Khao Sok National Park entrance fees
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Activities and use of specific equipment in accordance to the program
What's Not Included
- Other entrance fees and expenses
- Supplements for transfers from and to Phuket hotels / resorts located outside the beach regions on the island
- Hotel accommodation in Phuket
- Tips and gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Joined tours are operated with English speaking guidance only.
• Pick up & drop off only from Rawai, Kata, Karon, Patong, Kamala, Bang Tao, Nai Yang and Mai Khao only. Other beaches and regions are on request and may come at a surcharge.
• All tour itineraries are subject to change due to the weather conditions; it is suggested to wear non-slippery shoes during this excursion.