Are you an Italian in London, struggling to live the life of an Italian that you did when you were back home? Have you recently moved to London and still don’t know where to find proper Italian coffee?
On this Italian-meets-London tour you'll spend the day with an Italian, hunting for the best Italian coffees in town, rummaging through the new Mercato Metropolitano in Elephant and Castle or watching an Italian flick at the Italian cinema. After a day or a couple of hours on this tour, you will almost feel at home. There are so many small shops, markets and even cinemas just waiting to make Italian Londoners feel at home! Book this CityUnscripted tour and your hosts will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with a like-minded local Italian in London. He or she will become your guide. Keeping you in mind, they will put together a bespoke itinerary, just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. They will arrange a meeting with your guide in the most convenient place for you. If during the tour you feel like changing direction, or your guide believes that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.
Some places you might explore include:
- Mercato Metropolitano: The best place to find those Italian good that you just can’t find in the supermarket
- St.Peter’s Italian Church: This church offers a daily mass in Italian, but it is also one of the most amazing buildings to discover in London
- Italian Gardens: There is nothing more Italian then being in the open-air, so you can head to Kensington Gardens to see this beauty
- Lina Stores (Deli): Pick up a delicious sandwich, or a slice of good old Pecorino cheese
- L’Antica Pizzeria: Finding that authentic Italian Pizza is a difficult task in London
- Italian Bookshop: Stock up on books by your favourite authors – this gem also organises weekly events for Italians in London
- Estrorick Collection: The best place to see beautiful modern art from a range of Italian artists
- Italian Cinema London: Offering a selection of new and old films in Italian