Sacred Falls Kayak and Hiking Tour on the Wailua River
From $85 per person
- Speedy booking and reserved spots
- No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
- Take a 5-hour kayak and hiking trip through some of Hawaii's amazing nature
- Go for a swim in the clear and refreshing water of the Wailua River
- Learn the history of ancient Hawaii from your certified guide
- Paddle and hike to a waterfall and enjoy your lunch in this peaceful setting
- Experience the beauty of this sacred place
The Wailua River became the center of activity for early Hawaiians and is known as one of Hawaii's two most sacred places. At night, it is said that one can still hear ancient drums thunder in concert with the nearby surf
The trail leading to our secret waterfall is a beautiful "greenhouse" where flowers, brooks and ferns abound. Your tour includes deli-style lunch consisting of sandwiches, chips, tropical fruit, and cookies served by the waterfall.
The early Polynesian culture is represented here, steeped in a colorful past, rich with rock-wall terracing, legends and lore.
This tour includes easy paddling and hiking and is very relaxing and safe. Participants should be comfortable in the water and enjoy hiking along a flat river bed. Perfect adventure for all ages.
The setting for this jaunt is tranquil and tropical, and the pace is relaxed. Experience the peaceful, pastoral existence of ancient Hawaii. Birdwatch for a night heron or coot, or swim in the pools or stream leading from the falls.
- Guide(s) State certified and trained in water safety.
- Personal Flotation Devices
- Double kayaks with bucket seats, with foot pedal and rudders
- Water resistant bag
- Deli-style lunch
- Tropical juices and bottled water
- Walking sticks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
We are located at Wailua Marina, 3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Bldg A - Bay 3
Product ID: 8631