Discover spiritual Nepal, and feel inspired by the holy site of Pashupatinah and the Buddhist monks of Bodhnath, led by an expert guide. Wrap up your spiritual journey with a visit to a renowned astrologer, and see what your future reads.
What to Expect
Meet up with your professional guide and catch a local bus to Pashupatinath–one of the most holy temples in the world. Your guide will provide you with an introduction to the Hindu religion, including details of he Sadhus, Hindu holy men who renounce their social life to Shiva, and to whom the temple is dedicated.
It's possible that you might witness one of many cremations along the banks of Bagmati River and on the sanctimonious grounds of temple.
Spiritually high after your visit to Pashupatinath, travel by local transport for around 15 minutes to reach the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal. Follow the pilgrims circling the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels. Offer your prayers to Lord Buddha, lighting a traditional butter lamp at the main entranceway to the stupa. Tête-à-tête with one of the resident monks for insight into Buddhist philosophy.
Enjoy lunch on a rooftop restaurant with a commanding view of the stupa. Afterwards, visit the abode of one of the most sought after astrologers in Nepal. Be amazed and enthralled by how he deconstructs the mystery of your future. This is an optional activity.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Pashupatinath and Bodhnath
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Alms to holy men and monks
- Astrologer’s fees
Know Before You Go
• Children policy: Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusively.
• This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
• Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia. Modest clothing is strongly recommended, i.e clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. When visiting religious sites men often need to wear long trousers and women a long skirt or sarong.