Spend a day exploring the rolling hills of Nagarkot. Learn about different cultures and hike up to ancient buildings and remote villages. Take an early morning drive to the perfect place for witnessing a famous sunrise over the snow-capped mountains.
What to Expect
Explore the beautiful hills of Nagarkot situated on the east of the Kathmandu valley. Try not to stare directly at the breathtaking Himalayan sun as it crests the snow-capped mountains. Journey on a hike that will lead you to remote villages to learn about the lifestyles of ethnic groups like the Tamangs and the Newars. Visit Changunarayan Temple, one of the oldest temples in Nepal, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You will begin the day with an early morning drive out to the beautiful countryside of Nagarkot for a view of the sun rising over snow-capped mountains.
Enjoy an authentic lunch accompanied with sightseeing over the Nagarkot hilltop. Next take a hike to one of the most ancient places in Nepal, the Changunarayan Temple. On the way you can enjoy landscape typical of the area and experience the local lifestyles of different ethnic groups.
At the end of your day of sightseeing your expert tour guide will chauffeur you back to your hotel.
- Kathmandu to Nagarkot and Changunarayan to Kathmandu transportation
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
- Surcharges on Week-ends, Holidays & Peak season may Apply.
- Cancellations received same day - No refund will apply.
- 1 Day earlier to trip start – 50% of total amount will apply.
- 15 Days earlier - 20% of total amount will apply.