Gokyo Lake Trek lies in Everest Region of Khumbu area starting from Lukla toward Namche Bazzar, from where the route takes 15 days to trek. You can see magnificent views of the Himalayas and Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest Glacier in the Himalayas
What to Expect
Everest region trekking is the most magnificent and picturesque of the eastern mountain ranges. Rise above the well known town of Namche Bazaar, where trekkers treks towards the top of the world, Mount Everest. The trek up to the summit of Kalapatthar, which means 'Black Rock' is a memorable 5545m of elevation. Gokyo Lake, Chola pass and the Everest Base Camp is a fantastic trek which crosses all the high valleys of Khumbu with extra time to spend at the Gokyo Lake to explore the upper valley. You can stay at the bank of the Gokyo Lakes where the Khumbu range is reflected in the emerald green water below.
With eight of the world's ten highest peaks, Nepal is loaded with spectacular mountains vistas. Everest trek is justifiably famous, not only for its proximity to the world's highest mountain (8848m) but also for its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages, great variety of cultures and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries. The flora and fauna are other ornaments of the Sagarmatha National Park. The story of the yeti is still a mystery to the world from the Khumbu region.
Itinerary Details of Gokyo Lake Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
You arrive in Kathmandu and meet your representative in the airport who will take you to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu City Tour
After breakfast you will visit different historical and cultural sites of the Kathmandu Valley including Pashupati nath, swayambunath, Patan and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Day 03: Katmandu to Lukla - Trek to Phakding (2700m)
After breakfast you will have a scenic flight of 30-35 minutes to Lukla. From Lukla you start your walk and head to phakding passing through the forest and Dudh Koshi river. Overnight at Phakding.
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
From Phakding the trek starts towards Namche Bazar. The trail climbs to Chomoa, the site of an agricultural project and an interesting place to have a look around and gain an insight into the farming way of life of these people. The trail reaches the street of Namche Bazaar. Over night at Guest House.
Day 05: Acclimatization in Namche (3440m)
Today you take a rest for the proper acclimatization with some excursions.
Day 06: Namche to Phorste Thanga (3680m)
Leave Namche bazaar and walk towards Phortse Thanga. You'll climb steeply out of the valley through the forest of rhododendron and juniper. You'll cross Yak Kharkas which is the summer settlements of the Sherpa.
Day 07: Phorste Thanga to Machherma (4470m)
This day at first you'll climb through a ridge and then descend to the Kengtega valley enjoying the panorama of the mountains. Then climp up towards Cho Oyu and descend to a river and again climb to the terminal moraine of the Ngozumpz glacier. You will reach Machherma by early noon.
Day 08: Machharma to Gokyo (4800m)
Today the trek takes you to one of your final destinations, Gokyo (4790m). Climb through Chorten ridge from where you can see fabulous views both down the valley and of Mt. Kangtega, Thamserku, and the northern part to the Cho-Oyu (8153m).
Day 09: Rest at Gokyo Valley
Today, rest for proper acclimatization. You can climb the Gokyo Ri peak if the weather is good.
Day 10: Trek to Dole (4500m)
Today you will trek back to Dole by the same valley.
Day 11: Dole to Namche (3440m)
You descend on the steep path to the Dudh Koshi and then climb up to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 12: Namche to Lukla (2840m)
Today you will retutn to Lukla where the trek begin. Over night at Guest House.
Day 13: Flight to Kathmandu
After finishing your trekking you will fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 14: Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Free day in Kathmandu
Day 15: departure.
- Pick-up and drop off from Kathmandu airport
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Full board accommodation of lodges, guesthouses on a twin sharing basis during the trek
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Trekking permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period with experience guide and porter
- 20 Kg Luggage free per person during the trekking
- Trekking porter to carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary
- English-speaking tourguide for Kathmandu Valley sightseeing tour by private car or van
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- All necessary paper work, office service charge and government taxes
- Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina)
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue
- International flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, visa insurance is easil obtained on arrival
- Any kind of alcoholic, hot or cold drinks
- Hot showers
- Alcoholic beverages, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- National Park entry fee and royalty (for off the beaten Trail and wilderness area) where special permit is needed
- Personal Expenses
- Tips, gifts and souvenirs
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
•The cost of the trekking depends on group size and desired class of services dependent on your budget and optional activities of your choice. The larger the group the lower the cost per capita
•The above itinerary is a guideline. This program can be modified according to the client available time and requirements
•The Itinerary can be easily modified in accordance with final client specifications. Additional activities could be added or removed as per client's specifications before confirming the trip. Costs for reduced activities will be deducted and extra activities will be added as per client specification