Explore the flora of Godavari Botanical Garden at the foot of Phulchowki Mountain. See a range of plants, ferns, trees, and flowers, and learn how growing them is possible in such an extreme environment as you stroll the gardens and greenhouses.
What to Expect
Located at the base of Phulchowki Mountain, Godavari Botanical Garden offers visitors a respite from the energetic walks of the Kathmandu Valley and the chance to stroll leisurely around the mainly open parkland habitat; home to several fast-flowing streams.
Following a hotel pick-up, and 45-minute transfer, explore the beautiful gardens, an extravaganza of trees, ferns, and brightly colored flowers. Most are marked to make recognition easier. But your guide will be on hand to explain the plants on display, such as pink, white, and red rhododendrons, and a variety of colorful orchids.
Look out too for the abundant birdlife such as spotted and black-backed forktails, rufous-gorgeted, slaty-backed, and rusty-tailed flycatchers, orange-breasted hodgson's redstart, pygmy Asian barred owlets, and much more.
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at the best available restaurant
What's Not Included
- Travel visa
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please wear hiking shoes, and a light jacket, and bring sunglasses and your camera
• Cancellation policy: cancellations received same day - no refund; 24 hours prior to tour - 50% of total amount will apply; up to 15 days prior to tour - 20% of total amount will apply