Everest Base Camp / Kalapatthar Trekking Tours
From $1,580 per personBook now
- Trek the legendary Sherpa Inhabitants. You will pass through the beautiful Namche Bazzar and most famous Tengboche Monastery.
- Get spectacular aerial views of the Himalayas on a flight to Lukla. Acclimatize to the high altitudes with en route rest days.
- Walk along the green terraces and along the Dudh Kosi river bank.
- Experience the renowned hospitality of the sherpas.
- Explore Lukla bazaar.
During the journey to Everest, you'll pass by sherpa inhabitants Namche Bazzar and the famous Tengboche Monastery, immersing yourself in the rich Buddhist culture of traditional villages on a round-trip trek from Lukla. Gokyo Treks and Expedition's friendly, professional and expert guide will help you reach your trekking destination. Accommodation is in charming tea houses or lodges in strategic and scenic spots, while all meals are catered for during the trek to keep your energy up.
Day 1: Arrival Kathmandu valley (1,350 m)
You will be picked up from Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) of Kathmandu. You will be warmly welcomed by Gokyo Treks and Expedition, and transferred to the hotel/home stay. Relax and prepare yourself for the journey ahead!
Day 2: Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu Valley
Before you start your journey to Mount Everest, explore the historic Kathmandu Valley on a full-day sightseeing tour of the Pashupatinath Temple, one of the most significant Hindu temples of Shiva in the world. Go to one of Kathmandu’s
holiest Buddhist sites at the Boudhanath, one of the largest stupas in the world. Continue to the ancient religious complex of Swayambhu, also known as “Monkey Temple” for the holy monkeys that have taken up residence. Return to your hotel for the night, and get ready to climb!
Day 3: Flight to Lukla - Trek to Phakding Altitude: 8,743 Feet/2,610 Meters. Time: 5 Hours
Following a morning flight to Lukla, with spectacular views of the peaks of Gauri Shankar (7,135 meters/23,902 feet), Melungtse (7,181 meters/24,056 feet), and Numbur (6,959 meters/23,313 feet), transfer to the gateway to the Everest
Base Camp in the land of the sherpas. Head north from the village of Lukla, trekking along the bank of the Dudh Kosi (Milk River), and end with a meandering walk along the level paths to Phakding. Spend the night at a local tea house.
Day 4: Trek to Namache Baazar Altitude: 11,283 Feet/3,440 Meters. Walking: 5 Hours
Trek along the banks of the Dudh Kosi and climb through forests of rhododendron and giant pines. Cross the Dudh Kosi, and start a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar. Known as the “Sherpa Inhabitants,” Namche Bazaar is situated in a natural, crescent-shaped amphitheatre that towers above the 2 great valleys of Dudh Kosi and Bhote Kosi. Enjoy stunning views of the mountains across the valley.
Day 5: Exploring around Namche Bazaar
Acclimatize to the high altitudes on a rest day in Namche Bazaar. If you want to stretch your legs, you can hike up to the Everest View Hotel for stunning views of the peaks of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku. Return to the tea
house for your overnight stay.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche Altitude: 12,931 Feet/3,860 Meters. Walking: 5 Hours
Continue to the Tengboche Monastery in the largest gompa of the Khumbu region. Tenzing Norgay, who became the first man to reach the summit of Mt. Everest with Sir Edmund Hilary was once sent to Tengboche Monastery to train to be a
monk! Enjoy panoramic views of the well-known peaks of Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku.
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche Altitude: 14,465 Feet/4,410 Meters. Walking: 5 Hours
Start with a steep trail that winds through meadows and pine forest towards a small bridge over the Imja Khola river. Then, it’s a steady climb to Dingboche with spectacular views of Ama Dablam. En route, pass Pangboche, home of the
most ancient monastery of the region, as well as the site of the famous Yeti scalp.
Day 8: Rest Day at Dingboche
Enjoy a 2nd rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche, with an optional hike to Chhukhung Ri (18,592 feet/5,550 meters), once used as yak pasture and offering sublime views of Imja Tse. The climb requires no special technical skills. Overnight at a local tea house.
Day 9: Trek to Labuche Altitude: 16,104 Feet/4,910 Meters. Walking: 5 Hours
Back on the trail, head up the wide valley beneath the impressive peaks of Cholatse (6,335 meters/21,222 feet) and Taboche (6,367 meters/21,329 feet). Approach the foot of the Khumbu Glacier and take a zigzag path through boulders
to reach Labuche. Overnight at a tea house.
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep and Everest Base Camp Altitude: 18,023 Feet/5,380 Meters. Walking: 3 Hours
Start today with a gentle ascent along the side of the Khumbu Glacier and get breathtaking views of the dome of Pomo Ri. Marvel at the towering peaks of Nuptse. Behind it is Everest (29,641 feet/8,848 meters). Descend back to
Gorakshep (5,140 meters/17,219 feet) for an overnight stay in a tea house.
Day 11: Trek to Kala Patthar Altitude: 18,593 Feet/5,550 Meters. Walking: 6 Hours
Enjoy an early morning hike to an excellent viewpoint of the Everest region, with panoramic vistas of the front of Mt. Everest and Pomo-Ri. Trekback down to the village of Pheriche (14,204 feet/4,240 meters), home of the Himalayan Rescue Association and a hospital built by the Japanese. Enjoy an overnight stay at a tea house.
Day 12: Trek to Khumjung Village Altitude: 12,398 Feet/3,780 Meters. Walking: 6 Hours
Today’s trail is mainly downhill, following a gradual ascent through a forest to the large Khumjung Valley at the foot of the sacred Khumbi Yul Lha. Rest at Khumjung for the night at a tea house.
Day 13: Trek to Monjo Altitude: 9,497 Feet/2,835 Meters. Walking: 5 Hours
Continue to the tiny village of Monjo in the Dudh Kosi river valley just before the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park, a protected area and important bird sanctuary.
Day 14: Trek to Lukla
End your mountain expedition with a 5-hour trek down to Lukla (9,514 feet/2,840 meters), the start point of your adventurous trekking. Celebrate the end of your trek at a local tea house. In the evening, if you are interested walk to explore lukla bazaar for a few hours.
Day 15: Flight to Kathmandu
On your return flight to Kathmandu, you can enjoy panoramic mountain views. You will arrive in time to explore Kathmandu. If you need extra service, you might talk to us to book while you are in Nepal.
Day 16: Departure
Depart Nepal on the flight to your onward destination, catching some last minute mountain views as you leave.
(Note: If the given itinerary is not ideal, it can be customized)
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu airport
- 4 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu (home stay base)
- Meals as a full board: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the 13-day trek in the mountains
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Domestic flights : Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu as a round trip with airport departure tax
- Accommodations in normal lodges / or tea houses during the trekking days
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance permits and fees
- Special/latest updated trekking Everest Base Camp/Kalapatthar •Trekking map
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All transportation as mentioned in the above itinerary
- First aid kit box with guide
- All Government Taxes and company service charge
- Nepal entry visa fee (visas can be issued upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport. You will require 2 passport size photos)
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Food while you are staying in Kathmandu
- All types of drinks and deserts such as sweets, chocolate etc
- Tips and personal expenses
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- Hot showers during the trek
- Extra additional service cost
As soon as you are land in Kathmandu International Airport, Ammar Guni or another representative from Gokyo Treks & Expedition will come to pick you up at the airport. Then, you'll be transferred to the home stay accommodation of Gokyo Treks & Expedition. If you have any questions, do feel free to get in contact.
However, to use your extra days, you might explore Kathamndu Valley, Pokhara trip or Chitwan National Park Jungle Safari, Jeep safari, white water rafting etc. If the flight is delayed for more than 2 days, the trek will be re-scheduled to a different region.
• Customers should purchase their own insurance to cover medical, accidental, natural disasters, and emergency evacuation needs. If you have any questions, do feel free to write an email to the tour supplier.
Product ID: 56882