Enjoy a 4-hour private guided sightseeing tour of one of the best preserved ancient city and UNESCO heritage site - Bhaktapur Old City. Explore traditional Newari Culture, Architecture, Heritage and local faces.
What to Expect
Meet your guide and vehicle at your hotel. Drive 14 kms East from Kathmandu to visit ancient city of Bhaktapur. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is one of seven UNESCO heritage site located inside Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu valley is also known as only living cultural museum in the world as this place is dotted with many ancient royal complexes, temples, monasteries with colorful traditional culture and rituals of local Newari people.
Brace yourself to local tradition and culture of local people at Bhaktapur. Explore narrow lanes to witness the lifestyle. Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square dotted with ancient Royal Palace and temples. The major attractions includes Bhaktapur Durbar Square, 55 Window palace, Royal Bath, Taleju Temple (Outside) with most fascinating carved door and Royal Golden Gate.
Continue walk to Nayatapola Square located 5 minutes walk from Durbar Square following narrow lane with Handicraft, Painting and Thankas shops. Nayatapola temple is the highest Hindu temple located in Nepal in terms of structure.
Also visit Dattatraya temple area and Pottery Square located inside old city to explore rituals and heritage. In Pottery Square you will see traditional way of mud work to make pots, souvenir and other daily use items.
After completing 4 hours of private guided sightseeing tour, you will get transffered back to your hotel located in Kathmandu city center.
- Air-conditioned private vehicle for sightseeing tours (4 hours)
- Professional tour guide (available English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Japanese) for sightseeing tour
- Monument entrance fee
- Vehicle related cost such as parking, toll taxes, etc
- Government taxes as applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotels and additional sightseeing tours except Bhaktapur old city tour
- Meals and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Only Hindus are permitted to enter inside Hindu temple such as Taleju
• Tour suitable for all ages
• The default guide will be English-speaking unless otherwise specified
• Hotel details in Kathmandu required to establish a fixed pick-up time