Annapurna Base Camp 12-Day Mountain Trek
From $1,050 per personBook now
- Trek through the Annapurna Mountain Range and see one of the most spectacular sights in the world
- Stay in teahouses and experience mountain life
- Trek to base camp past beautiful waterfalls, mystical mountains, amazing flowers and precious plants
- Discover the rich heritage of the mountain Gurung people
- Walk close to the roof of the world
The trekking trail starts from lowland villages and rice terraces, and goes deep into the Annapurna Himal. As you gradually climb uphill, the peaks of Annapurna south and Hiunchuli emerge from behind the foothills. Pastures and cultivated fields soon give way to deep forests of oak, bamboo and rhododendron. The trail finally stumbles across moraines and reaches Annapurna Sanctuary where you will get beautiful 360-degree views of the Annapurna mountain ranges.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Pokhara
Travel by tourist bus and rest at a hotel in Fewa Lake. Early in the morning, transfer to Kantipath Tourist Bus station and drive approximately 7 hours to Pokhara. Check in at your hotel and spend the evening Lake Phewa.
Day 02: Pokhara to Tolka – Driving from Pokhara to Phedi
At the new Baglung road, the walking trail heads off in a northwest direction. Continue to Dhampus, a ridge village with nice views of the mountains to the north. The trek continues with a smooth climb along the ridge as the trail turns a short distance from Dhampus. The rocky path is comfortable to follow as it goes through forest, and crosses a couple of streams on its way to Pothana. Soon after leaving Pothana, the trail divides.
Take the right path in a northern direction as it ascends through the forest and get another superb view at 7,000 feet (2,150 meters). Immediately after, take a steep descent into Modi River Valley and hike through the village to Bhichok. Continue along the northern side of a rocky ridge, before veering north to Tolka, where we will rest overnight.
Day 03: Tolka to Chomrong
The trail leaves Tolka about 2,000 feet (600 meters) above the river. The first village you reach is the typical Gurung village of Landruk. High on the opposite side of the river, you can explore the village of Ghandruk. From this point the trail descends along terraced slopes and forests down to the river. After crossing the river at New Bridge, your trail takes a steep climb to join with the trail from Ghandruk.
From here it is a short walk to Chomrong village, which offers spectacular views of Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre.
Day 04: Trek from Chomrong to Dovan
Descend from Chomrong to cross Chomrong Khola, before climbing steeply through rhododendron and bamboo forest up the west bank of the Modi Khola. You will reach the small settlement of Khuldi Ghat before another steep descent into the valley. The trail follows the river through another tiny settlement known as Bamboo, which has some teahouses and crosses 3 streams before arriving at Dovan (7,940 feet/2,430 meters) where you will rest for the night.
Day 05: Trek from Dovan to Machhapuchare Base Camp
Start with a continuous climb through intermittent bamboo forests. The valley becomes increasingly hemmed in by ever-steeper slopes, which witness periodic avalanches. You can rest at Hotel Himalayan (9,423 feet/2,873 meters) before the climb to Hinko (10,296 feet/3,139 meters). Walk through Bagar to Machhapuchare Base Camp for an overnight rest.
Day 06: Trek from Machhapuchare Base camp to Annapurna Base Camp
Today you will take a hike of approximately 2 hours to Annapurna Base Camp, 13.431 feet (4,095 meters) above sea level. The trail follows a tributary of the Modi Khola. Overnight rest at Annapurna.
Day 07: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Hinku Cave
Today’s trail passes through Machhapuchare Base Camp and all the way downhill to Hinku Cave. This area is called Annapurna Sanctuary, since it is totally surrounded by mountains. Get spectacular mountain views as you hike along the trail, before you rest for the night.
Day 08: Trek from Hinku Cave to Bamboo Lodge
Descend along the trail to Dovan, through bamboo and rhododendron forests, with superb mountain views to Bamboo. This stretch of trail is the most subject to avalanches. Spend the night at Bamboo.
Day 09: Trek from Bamboo Lodge to Tadapani
The trail descends down to Kyumrong and all the way to Tadapani. Get a superb view of Annapurna I, Nilgiri, and Dhaulagiri mountains, as well as the forest of rhododendron flowers.
Day 10: Trek from Tadapani to Ghorepani
Ascend the trail to get magnificent views of the western Himalayas, all the way to the base of the best viewpoint of Poonhill called Ghorepani. This point can be accessed either from Tirkhedhunga or from the natural hot spring at Tatopani.
Day 11: Trek from Ghorepani to Poonhill to Ulheri
Climb for 1-hour from Ghorepani to reach Poonhill, where you can explore beautiful mountains, such as Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna I & Annapurna South. It is best taken at dawn to catch the best light. Return from Poonhill and descend to Ulheri for an overnight rest.
Day 12 Trek from Ulheri to Nayapul to Pokhara
From the large Magar village of Ulheri, the path descends some stone steps to Tirkhedhunga, traveling through cultivated areas and pastures, as well as dense forest of rhododendron, daphne and azalea, mixed with giant conifers. Continue to Nayapul and then drive 2 hours to Pokhara for an overnight rest and the end of the tour.
Note: The above is a suggested itinerary for a 12-day trek. If your trip commences from Kathmandu and ends in Kathmandu, it has to be a 15-Day Annapurna Base Camp Trek, which is also known as “Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking.”
- Kathmandu International Airport transfer
- 2 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu / or 2 nights in a hotel in Bhaktapur
- All land transfers as per given itinerary
- Annapurna Conservation Area entry permit fees
- TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) permit
- Teahouse trekking accommodation during the trek
- 3 meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) while on trek
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking licensed mountain trek guide & 1 porter per 2 people
- Trekking equipment and other facilities of Nepali trekking staff
- Insurance for all Nepali trekking crew
- Video documentary of the Annapurna region
- Nepal entry visa USD 30 per person
- Travel insurance (mandatory for booking)
- Optional excursions. Optional excursions include culture trips, ethnic trips, festivals and monastery meditation with Lama and monks, nature medicine, bird watching, sports, farming trips and other incentive trips as per client's request
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, extra porters
- Hot shower is not available during the trek
- Cost arising out of landslides, road blocks, rescue or any form of cancellation of flights for reasons beyond our control
- International airfare and airport tax
Gokyo Treks & Expedition P. Ltd Samakhusi -29, Kathamndu Nepal Post Box No: 8974 CPC 260, Kathmandu (650 feet north of Samakhusi from downtown Thamel, or 650 feet south from Samakhusi Ring Road / 150-foot after Kapor Dhara (Samakhusi British Cemetery) (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 17088