Gain an intimate overview of vibrant Kampala on a shared walking tour led by a local, ideal for first-time visitors to the Ugandan capital. Visit a combination of top attractions and hidden gems.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German, French
- Small group
- Limited to 4 participants
Select participants and date
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour start time. Your guide will be at the entrance of the Craft Market, right by Buganda Road. They will be holding a black umbrella with the local partner's logo and the words "Free Tour Starts Here" on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking (2-3 hours)
- The tour includes an optional 10-minute boda ride at the end but you may continue walking if you prefer
- Please carry local currency if you wish to taste fruit/street food
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Trainers/sneakers or walking shoes are recommended
- Check the weather forecast and bring a jacket if necessary