Visit 7 food local stores in Kalamata and taste more than 20 local delicacies. Enjoy some wine and an olive oil tasting, then eat a light lunch with Mediterranean flavors.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Private group
Select participants and date
Maria, our passionate food lover and local host, will be waiting for you at the beautiful central square of Kalamata, Vasileos Geogiou Square, (Πλατεία Βασιλέως Γεωργίου) in front of the Statues (Agalmata) of the Messinian war Heroes of 1821. After a warm welcome, you’ll set off on your gastronomic experience with a leisurely stroll around the streets of this magnificent coastal city.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- The traditional workshop in Part 1 is open only in the mornings and is closed on Saturdays. Therefore, the tasting is made
- in another stop of the Food tour experience.
- Olive oil tasting may be enriched with a visit to an Olive oil mill located 10' away from Kalamata city upon request and at
- an extra small charge. Transfer is needed.
- Availability: The food tour experience is available in the mornings all year round, excluding Sundays and official
- holidays. It is also conducted on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday afternoon after coordination.
- The duration of the Food tour experience can be tailored to individual needs of each guest.
- In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 1 day before.