Watch an amazing sunset in Meteora and discover the hidden gem of this unusual area that’s dotted with monasteries built high up on pillars of rock. Visit a monastery and the Byzantine Church of the Virgin Mary, and see how Byzantine icons are made.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Pickup included
- Pickup is offered from all hotels, villas, guest houses, Airbnbs, and camping sites at Kalabaka and Kastraki village.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Closed-toe shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men will be denied entry if wearing sleeveless clothing or shorts. Women can borrow or buy skirts and shawls at the entrance to the monasteries to cover themselves if needed
- This is a semi-independent tour. The guide/driver will not enter the monasteries but will provide information outside the sites