Enjoy a 30-minute plane flight to view the mighty Sperm Whales and of Kaikoura. See the whale in it's entirety from tip to tail, all with the amazing backdrop of beautiful coastal shores and the epic Kaikoura Seaward Mountain Ranges.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 30 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- View the resident Sperm Whales and Dusky Dolphins of Kaikoura
- Enjoy stunning views of Kaikoura's coastline, peninsula, and mountain ranges
- Learn about Sperm whales and their unique environment here in Kaikoura
- Informative wildlife and safety briefing
- 30-minute scenic plane flight
- Real time tracking of aircraft
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities, optional
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Log-cabin terminal at Kaikoura Airport. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers.
- All flights leave from the Kaikoura Airport, an 8 kilometer drive south of the Kaikoura Township. There is a large and spacious car park at the airport suitable for cars and camper vans.