Discover Maui’s natural beauty on a guided hiking trip to some of the island's most impressive waterfalls. Enjoy a picnic lunch by the waterfalls and optional hotel transfers at your disposal.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
- Gain access to several waterfalls situated within comfortable hiking distance of the trailhead.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch by stunning waterfalls and natural swimming pools away from the crowds
- Naturalist guides will teach you about Maui's culture, unique plant life, and even pick fresh fruits when available
- Feel refreshed after taking a dip in pristine pools located beneath cascading waterfalls
Experience a hiking adventure through the Hawaiian rainforest and explore Maui’s waterfalls. Thrill the adventurer in you — jump into pools from rock ledges and learn about the region from your naturalist guide.
Meet your guide outside of Kahului, or select the option including transportation to benefit from hotel pickup and drop-off. Then head to the trailhead to begin your hiking adventure.
Follow 2 streams through the lush rainforest of East Maui, passing 3 to 5 waterfalls. The falls range from 3 to 12 meters high, and you can even jump from rock ledges into some of the pools.
Refresh yourself with a dip in the cool waters, and enjoy a picnic lunch beside the majestic falls. Bottled water and snacks are included, as well as lunch.
As you continue on, admire local flora and fauna as you learn about the cultural significance of plants such as the ti leaf, bamboo, taro plant, and others from your experienced guide.
Finish your activity back at your original starting point after an adventurous and unforgettable hiking experience.
- Picnic lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Insect repellent (if needed)
- Swimsuit and towel
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
• The Park & Ride outside of Kahului • The meeting point is located at the intersection of highways 311 and 380 • Meet in front of the large concrete wall with space for a single row of parking • Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled activity start time for check-inOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sports shoes
Know before you go
- Running shoes or sports sandals, such as Tevas, Chacos or Keens, are recommended
- Staff members are trained to provide you with a safe and enjoyable day, and they are equipped to handle any situation that may arise. Guide certifications include advanced CPR and First Aid Training, including Wilderness, maritime security cards, permit for hiking in the National Park
- Tours run in most weather conditions but the local partner reserves the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- Please note that the pickup time for your hike can be between 20 and 90 minutes prior to your tour start time
- Gratuities will be collected before the trip for larger parties