Experience the dramatic landscape of Vatnajökull National Park and go inside the ice caves formed when water runs beneath the glacier during the summer. Trek across the rugged terrain of the south of Iceland, and look at the magical blue ice of the caves.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet at the Café by Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon in South Iceland, approximately 390 kilometers east of Reykjavík.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- It will be cold inside the cave. A 15-minute walk over rugged terrain for is involved
- This activity has extremely limited availability so reserve now if you want to see a blue ice cave
- Please be advised that the ice caves are a natural phenomenon and it's impossible to predict where, when and how many will form. In the unlikely that no ice caves form next winter, the tour will be fully refunded