Yeoville: Taste of Africa Food Experience
- Learn the history of the Windybrow Art Centre and how it has stood the test of time
- Explore Yeoville, the Jewish suburb that has turned into a melting pot of different cultures and cuisines
- Savor a variety of Ghanaian and Nigerian dishes at local restaruants
- Enjoy after dinner drinks and music at the famous House of Tandoor
Meet the local guide at Windybrow Art Centre, a family mansion turned theatre that has stood the test of time. From Windybrow, hop in a minibus taxi and venture into Yeoville, stopping first at Malalahitoka for traditional Ghanaian Wat, Kifto, and Injera. Next, sample Ghanaian Pondu and Kwanga at Kin Malabo before heading "West" for Nigerian Akara and Killshi at Mama Osu.
Check out Baskim, which offers a mixture of African foods such as Konkonte and Ampesie. This will include a walk through the Yeoville food market where you can purchase the fruit and vegetables you have seen in some of the dishes and recreate your favorite African dishes at home.
After dinner drinks will be hosted at the famous House of Tandoor, where you can enjoy reggae music and socialize with the locals.
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic beverages
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet the guide at Windybrow (1896). Look for a big stand-alone house with green palisade fencing and shipping containers in the front yard. It will have a sign saying "Windybrow Art Centre" outside. Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the activity.Open in Google Maps ⟶