Visit one of the crystal ice caves of Vatnajökull Glacier on a 2 to 2.5-hour tour from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Experience the biggest glacier in Europe as you marvel at heavenly shades of blue. Go inside the cave with a certified glacier guide.
What to Expect
Experience the majestic beauty of a natural ice cave on a tour of Vatnajökull Glacier. Meet your certified glacier guide at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, and then take a 20-30 minute scenic drive to the ice cave.
Get ready to see a magical world of blue ice as you enter the ice cave. Your guide will ensure that you are safe and secure once inside the cave. Gear up with all necessary glacier gear, provided for your safety. Cast your eyes on the heavenly shades of blue ice once you are inside the cave.
Take stunning photos of the ice as you spend approximately 40 minutes exploring this miracle of Mother Nature. Discover all that the ice cave has to offer before heading back to Jökulsarlón Glacier Lagoon.
- Guided visit to a crystal ice cave accompanied by a certified glacier guide
- All necessary glacier gear
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Please check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• It is very important that you dress suitably for this activity. Wear layers to stay warm
• Bring a warm and waterproof jacket and pants, hiking boots, packed lunch, head-wear and gloves
• Please note that you must arrange your own transportation to the meeting point. Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is 4.5 hours east of Reykjavik