Visit the city and birthplace of Jesus on a half-day tour of Bethlehem from Jerusalem. See the Church of the Nativity and Manger’s Square, and view the Shepherd’s Field with a local guide.
What to Expect
Visit one of the most important sites from both the Hebrew Bible and New Testament on this tour of Bethlehem from Jerusalem. Identified as the city of David in Jewish texts, and the birthplace of Jesus in the New Testament, the Palestinian city in the West Bank is an essential site of pilgrimage.
You will visit the Church of the Nativity, considered to be the oldest continuously operating Christian church in the world. Commissioned by Constantine in 327 AD, a new basilica was built in 565 AD after a fire destroyed the original church.
The site is of prominent religious significance to the Christian and Muslim faiths and attracts sacred tourists year round. Feel the spiritual atmosphere of this holy site, including the large paved area of Manger Square. Rest on benches and by fountains made of Naqab marble.
You will also get views of the Shepherds’ Fields, identified as the site where the bibical shepherds first saw the Star of Nativity. Your licensed guide will be on hand at all times to tell the story of these fertile fields of Beit Sahour, site of a Greek Orthodox church and Roman Catholic chapel.
- Pick-up from Jerusalen hotels
- Entrance fees to sites
Know Before You Go
• Please note that you must bring your passport on Bethlehem tours
• Modest attire is required to visit the holy places of any religion. Men should cover their heads, and women their shoulders. No shorts
• Comfortable walking shoes are suggested
• Changes in the program are possible due to holidays or force majeure
• Bethlehem tours do not operate during the Jewish Holidays of Passover, Rosh Hashana, and Yom Kippur
• The operator can not accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage
• Valuable belongings should never be left unattended in the vehicle
• Bethlehem tours are all conducted by government licensed guides, and in luxury air-conditioned vehicles and buses