Soak up the cultural, historical, and religious significance of Jerusalem and treat yourself to a day of relaxation on a 2-day tour of Jerusalem and visit to the Dead Sea. Then enjoy the evening as you stay overnight at a 3-star bed and breakfast hotel.
What to Expect
Take yourself on a retreat of historical, cultural, and religious significance on a 2-day excursion through Jerusalem with a stop at the Dead Sea.
Day 1: Jerusalem
Start at the Mount of Olives to take in a panoramic view of the dusty city below, before entering the Old City and touring the main attractions, such as the Wailing Wall, Temple Mount, and the Dome of the Rock. Walk through the Jewish and Armenian Quarters and the recently restored Roman road of the Cardo, visible on Jewish Quarter Street. Visit the bazaar and the Western Wall, or Kotel, and proceed along the Via Dolorosa to visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre, also known as Church of the Resurrection, and said to be the place where Jesus was buried and resurrected. Ascend to Mt. Zion, where you can visit the Hall of the Last Supper and David's Tomb. Continue to the new city by car and spend some time at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, a sprawling complex that contains several notable sections, including the Hall of Remembrance and the Hall of Names.
Day 2: The Dead Sea
Make your way from Jerusalem to Dead Sea Mineral Beach. Located in the Jordan Rift Valley, between Jordan and the West Bank, it is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. Take a mud bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. You will then drive back to Jerusalem, with an en route view of the Qumeran cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
Note that the activities can change based on the day, and the days might not occur in the same order listed here.
- Entry fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Accommodation per person in a double room at a 3-star hotel
What's Not Included
- Food and drink (except one breakfast)
- Natural treatments and massage
Know Before You Go
• 5-star hotel available for an additional 70 USD per person
• On Fridays, Saturdays, and Jewish Holidays when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane and to King David's Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion
• Recommended: hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection, beach thongs
• Modest dress is required for visit to holy places
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4