Jerez de la Frontera: How the Andalusian Horses DanceProduct ID: 46763
From US$22.88 per personBook now
- Watch the Andalusian horses dance at an equestrian ballet in Jerez de la Frontera
- Marvel at the showmanship of Spanish riders and horses
- See how the horses can piroutte, do a Pas de Deux, and more
- Listen to quintessential Spanish music
- Admire the traditional, 18th-century style costumes
Accompanied by quintessential Spanish music and 18th-century style costumes, the choreography uses movements based on classical dressage, Doma Vaquera (country-style riding), and traditional equestrian chores. Each show consists of 6-8 different choreographies, scheduled by the school according to the following repertoire:
Doma Vaquera is a Spanish riding discipline, based on traditional cattle herding. The horseman rides his horse around the arena using only one hand, first trotting and later galloping, changing the rhythm and performing pirouettes and arreones (breaking into a gallop).
See different choreographies, such as “The Colts,” “Airs on Horseback,” “Pas de Deux,” “Passage and Piaffer,” “Domino on Horseback,” “Airs Above the Ground” and “Fantasy.” The horses carry out advanced exercises to classical music.
Marvel as the horses demonstrate their ability to draw carriages. These horse-drawn carriages were originally used for transport, but are now relegated to sport and exhibitions, using classical harnesses and driven by coachmen who dexterously demonstrate exciting skills.
Work in Hand:
Admire the skill of a horse that obeys its rider even when the horseman is not in the saddle. They will carry out classical Haute École dressage exercises, such as levades, caprioles, courbettes, piaffe (between pillars), and the Spanish walk.
See a group of horses and riders perform advanced equestrian exercises in unison, providing a fitting end to the performance.
- Entrance to the show
- Entrance to other facilities
Taquilla de Reservas, Fundacion Real Escuela Andaluza Del Arte Ecuestre (Foundation Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art), Calle Duque De Abrantes S/N, Jerez De La Frontera (Open in Google Maps)
• Proof of eligibility must be shown at the ticket office when collecting tickets purchased at discount prices. If no documentary proof is shown the purchaser must pay the difference corresponding to the full standard ticket price when tickets are available
• The purchase of tickets for performances is exclusively by category (according to price), without any right to select either row or seat number. These are allocated according to order of purchase or booking
• Under no circumstances are you allowed to film, record or take any photographs unless you are an authorized professional, nor may you enter the grounds with any bottles, cans, animals or any other objects which the management considers unsuitable
• The management reserves the right to alter or change the program
Product ID: 46763