Take the Sunwapta challenge, known as Jasper's wild water rollercoaster ride, it has a steep gradient with numerous class 3 rapids. Spectacular scenery and good wildlife opportunities await. Don't miss the high water from mid-June to late-July.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
The meeting point is the parking lot across from the Shell gas station on Connaught Drive in downtown Jasper. All-day parking is available in the public parking lot located directly across the street. Check-in here is required 15 minutes before your departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- You will need to wear a swimsuit or t-shirt and shorts under your casual clothing. Bring dry clothes, a towel and on cooler days, wool socks to wear inside the booties and a warm jacket to put on afterward. You are welcome to bring snacks and water to enjoy on the bus ride to and from the river.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age and weigh a minimum of 90 lbs (41 kg)
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All rafters must sign a waiver before departure
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate and depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The total round-trip time is 4 hours which includes 1.5 hours on the water