Take a fun and scenic trip down the Athabasca River in Jasper National Park. This guided rafting tour is suitable for all ages. Sit back and relax as your guide does the rowing and tells you about points of interest.
What to Expect
Relax and enjoy an afternoon that you'll never forget. This is a true Canadian outdoor experience.
Take a fun and scenic trip down the Athabasca River, a designated Canadian Heritage River.A National Park-licensed guide will provide commentary on the human and natural history of Jasper while navigating you along the same route used by the fur traders over 200 years ago. The specially designed, 7-meter- or 25-foot-long, oar-powered rafts come equipped with life jackets, and provide a safe, comfortable ride through a few small sets of rapids and calm stretches that any first-time rafter will enjoy. Don’t worry - the guides do all the rowing. All you have to do is sit back and relax while you take in the spectacular scenery.
You can spot various local wildlife, including elks, deer, moose, coyotes, wolves, eagles, ospreys, mountain sheep, and bears.
- Round-trip transportation
- Life jacket
- Rain ponchos, if necessary
What's Not Included
- Souvenir photos - available for purchase
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Bring sunglasses, a hat, and a water bottle
• Please reconfirm tour booking 24 to 48 hours prior to tour departure
• The tour operates on Mountain Time
• Tours operate rain or shine
• Rivers are rated on a scale of 1 to 6; Class 1 is calm moving water, Class 6 is Niagara Falls. The section of the Athabasca River you'll raft on is rated Class 2.
• This trip is designed for the whole family; toddlers to seniors aged from 2 up to 102 years old are welcome.
• Wetsuits are not provided and they are not necessary for this type of raft / float trip.
• When necessary, you'll be provided with a plastic rain poncho to protect you from splashes and potential rain showers.
• Life jackets are provided, and must be worn at all times.