Pergamon Private Shore Excursion from Izmir & Dikil PortsProduct ID: 18489
From $427 Per group up to 11Book now
Pick-up serviceFor hotel pick-up: your guide will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel. They will be holding a placard with your name and a copy of your confirmation letter for ease of ID. Please have your confirmation/voucher available for ease of ID. You will then commence your private guided tour by new, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Explore the ruins of the ancient city of Pergamon
- Tour Pergamon with a licensed guide in your language of choice
- Learn about Pergamon's immense wealth and power during the Hellenistic period
- Visit the Asklepion, where the most prolific scientist of medicine after Hippocrates studied and practiced
- Learn about the healing powers of water, dreams, honey, and entertainment
- Discover why Alexander the Great called Upper Pergamon the Eagles' Nest
- See the Acropolis, Temple of Athena, and biblical Altar of Zeus
The 8-hour excursion by air-conditioned vehicle from the cruise terminals of Izmir and Dikli takes you direct to the ruins for a guided tour of both Upper Pergamon, described by Alexander the Great as the "Eagles' Nest," and Lower Pergamon.
Pergamon’s most spectacular structure is the Amphitheatre, the largest and steepest theater in the ancient world, and a remarkable piece of engineering that was built into the hillside and offers fantastic views of the surrounding valley. Like the Library, second only in importance to Alexandria, the theater dates from the time of Eumenes II (197-159 BC).
Explore the Acropolis, Temple of Athena, and Alter of Zeus, before traveling down to Lower Pergamon for an eye-opening visit to the Asklepieion. The birthplace and home of Galen, who ranks second only to Hippocrates for his contributions to the medical world, the Healing Center at Pergamon pioneered therapies using water, dream, and even honey.
The healing water still runs today, adding to the calming energies of this remarkable place.
- Licensed guide
- Transportation in a new air-conditioned vehicle
- Local postcard
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (free time for lunch)
- Tips (always appreciated if deserved)
For cruise ship pick-up: You will be met outside the exit door of the customs building by your guide. They will be holding a placard with your name, and a copy of your confirmation letter for ease of ID. Please have your confirmation/voucher available for comparison. You will then commence your private guided tour by new, air-conditioned vehicle. (Open in Google Maps)
• Pergamon Acropolis - 14 EUR (0-11-year-olds free)
• Pergamon Asklepieion - 8 EUR (0-11-years-old free)
• Please note that In summer months it is advisable to wear sunscreen,and comfortable shoes, and to bring water and a hat
Product ID: 18489