Private-Guided Full-Day Tour of Legendary Sardis from IzmirProduct ID: 18488
From $406 Per group up to 11Book now
Pick-up serviceFor hotel pick-up/drop-off, meet your personal Archaeologous guide/representative in your hotel lobby. He or she will be holding a placard with your name, and will also have a copy of your voucher and confirmation letter to make identification easier. Your private guided day tour will then begin in our air conditioned vehicle.
- Learn about the fascinating history of Sardis, land of King Midas, and the Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world
- See the impressive ruins of the Sardis Gymnasium and Synagogue, one of the largest of the ancient world
- Amazing history in this trip from Izmir to Sardis, the former capital of the ancient Lydian Empire, on this private full-day tour
- Watch Sardis come alive – in 12 languages! Ask us
- Admire the Turkish landscape of tobacco fields and grape vineyards on our scenic drive to Sardis
- Sit back in air conditioned comfort, with all transportation taken care of by your private driver
- Hunt for a one-of-a kind treasure at Izmir's mecca for shopping, the Kemeralti Bazaar
- Experience the different cultures, history and cuisine that make Turkey such an exciting country to visit.
You'll visit and learn about the land of the legendary King Midas and the Temple of Artemis, the massive Sardis gymnasium and the immense nearby synagogue. The Sardis synagogue was once the largest, most impressive ancient synagogue outside of Palestine.
After taking in the remarkable ruins and amazing history of Sardis, we will stop for lunch before returning to Izmir for an authentic local shopping experience at the Kemeralti Bazaar. Look around for a bargain or take home a souvenir at this bustling market filled with Turkish treasures and delights.
If you've been to Ephesus or Pergamon but have yet to visit the legendary Sardis, don’t miss the chance to experience this magnificent historical landmark.
- Licensed guide
- Dependable driver
- Transportation in air conditioned vehicle
- Local postcard
- Entrance fees
For cruise ship pick-up and drop-off, meet your guide/representative from Archaeologous staff outside the exit door of the Customs Building. He or she will be holding a placard with your name, and will also have a copy of your voucher and confirmation letter to make identification easier. Your private guided day tour will then begin in our air conditioned vehicle. (Open in Google Maps)
Entrance fees are EUR 4.00 per person for both locations – children from 0-7 years of age are free.
Especially in summer months, we recommend bringing sunglasses, a hat, water, and sunscreen. Wearing comfortable walking shoes is always a smart choice.
Product ID: 18488