Discover the secrets of Istanbul and experience the lifestyle of locals on this 5-hour walking tour. You’ll see the hidden marvels of old town Istanbul and explore its labyrinth of streets with an expert guide who knows the city’s secrets very well.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Travel to the Sultanahmet Tram Station. From the tram station, walk down the hill on the right side of the road toward to the little mosque Firuz ağa. Take the first right onto the Hippodrome (square). You will see the green-domed fountain in front of you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour involves entering mosques. Both men and women are required to dress appropriately by ensuring that their shoulders and knees are covered. Women will need to cover their heads. Scarves are available at the mosque, but feel free to bring your own. In addition, for your convenience it is best to wear shoes that are easy to remove.
- Please note you will not be entering the Hagia Sophia Museum, but will be able to visit it in your free time.