Explore Istanbul on a half-day guided excursion and see some of its most important historical sites. Learn about the history and culture of this ancient city as you visit the Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome, and Hagia Sophia, which dates from the 6th century.
What to Expect
Your half-day Istanbul excursion begins when you’re met at the port, airport, or your hotel and head out on a guided tour of this historical city.
Visit Hagia Sophia, an architectural marvel that was constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian. It later became a mosque and today is one of the city’s important museums.
See the Blue Mosque, which is situated on a site that faces Hagia Sophia. It is best known for its blue Iznik tiles and is unique in that it features 6 minarets. You’ll also explore the ruins of the ancient Hippodrome, once the center of chariot races and athletic and political events in Constantinople.
At the end of the tour you’ll be transferred to your meeting point.
- Licensed professional English-speaking guide (or your preferred language)
- Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the description
What's Not Included
- Items of a personal nature
- Any item not specifically mentioned as included
- Gratuities for guide and driver
Know Before You Go
Remember to bring a camera and a sunhat. Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.