Explore the Ottoman and Byzantine sights of Istanbul on a 5.5-hour sightseeing tour by luxury vehicle. Learn the history and culture of Turkey’s most cosmopolitan city at the Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, and more.
What to Expect
See the landmark sights of Istanbul on a private full-day tour by luxury, air-conditioned vehicle. You will be picked up from your hotel, port, or airport, and transferred in comfort to the historic city center.
Discover the Ottoman and Byzantine history of the city at sites such as the Hagia Sophia, one of the marvels of world architecture. Constructed as an Orthodox basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian, its 4 minarets were added when it was converted to a mosque.
Marvel at the Blue Mosque, facing the Hagia Sophia. Famous for its blue Iznik tiles and 6 minarets, it is the icon of Istanbul and the culmination of 2 centuries of Ottoman development.
Move on to the Hippodrome, center of chariot races, athletic events, and political activities of the city when it was known as Constantinople. Next, admire the imperial residence of the Ottoman sultans at Topkapi Palace. See the exquisite jewels in the treasury, and a priceless collection of miniatures and medieval manuscripts.
Wander the stalls of the Grand Bazaar, the largest souk in the world, with nearly 4,000 shops selling antiques, jewelry, gold, carpets, leatherwear and unique souvenirs.
- Licensed English-speaking guide (or other preferred language)
- Transportation by air-conditioned luxury vehicle with professional driver
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
Know Before You Go
• Please bring a camera, sunhat, and comfortable walking shoes