See the sights of Istanbul on an 8-hour tour with inclusive lunch. Admire the former church and mosque of the Hagia Sophia, see the site of Bzyantine sports at the Roman Hippodrome, explore the alleys of the Grand Bazzar, and much more.
What to Expect
Travel through time on a full-day tour of Istanbul, and see the main monuments from the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer to the Hippodrome, site of major political life and sports activities during the Roman and Bzyantine Empires.
Marvel at the last remaining monuments at the complex, including the Obelisk from Egypt and the Serpentine Column from Delphi. Next, go to the Church of St. Sophia, also known as the “Church of Holy Wisdom,” and “Hagia Sophia.” One of the world's architectural masterpieces, the former church and mosque is now a museum of artifacts from Byzantium.
Continue to the Blue Mosque to see the city’s icon up close. Famed for its stunning Iznik tiles, the building’s graceful minarets can be seen from many points in the city. Next, explore the narrow lanes of the Grand Bazaar, the oldest and largest covered market in the world. Discover decorative jewelry, leather work, souvenirs and carpets in more than 4.000 shops.
Your next stop will be Topkapi Palace, former residence of the Ottoman sultans, now home to an exquisite collection of crystal, silverware, and Chinese porcelain, as well as robes worn by the sultans, and the jewels of the Imperial Treasury.
End at the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque, one of the oldest still standing churches in Istanbul. Dating from the 6th century, the domed basilica was a likely model for the more famous Hagia Sophia, and is known for its sumptuous carvings.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (or from the cruise ship port)
- Transfers by non smoking air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Licensed guide
- Local taxes and service charges
What's Not Included
- Drinks at lunch
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and will be replaced with the Basilica Cistern
• Please note that the Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced with the 2 Continents Tour
• Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
• Please note that the Treasury and Harem at Topkapi Palace are not included in the program due to extra entrance fees