Istanbul: Jewish Heritage and Museum Full-Day TourProduct ID: 49350
From US$81.71 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from your hotel in Istanbul available on request
- Explore the Jewish heritage of Istanbul
- Visit the Jewish Museum of Turkey and learn more about the Jews of Istanbul and Anatolia
- Bargain for souvenirs in one of the oldest covered markets in the world
- See a masterpiece of architecture at the Hagia Sophia
- Discover some of the most prominent synagogues of Istanbul, such as the Ashkenazi Synagogue
Go to the Balat district to see the Ahrida Synagogue, one of the oldest and most prominent of Istanbul’s synagogues. Visit the Neve Shalom Synagogue in Karaköy, built in response to an increase in the Jewish population in the Galata neighborhood. Continue to Ashkenazi Synagogue, the only active Ashkenazi synagogue in Istanbul open to visits.
At the heart of Jewish Istanbul, in the old Galata district, you will visit the Jewish Museum, established in 2001 on the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Sephardic Jews to the Ottoman Empire. Remodeled in the former Zülfaris Synagogue, the museum features artifacts, relics, letters and torah scrolls that tell the story of the Jews in Istanbul and Anatolia.
There will also be time to see the former mosque and Byzantine church of Hagia Sophia, now considered one of the world’s architectural masterpieces. End in the Grand Bazaar, and bargain for handmade carpets, jewelry and leather souvenirs before your transfer back to the port (or your hotel on request).
- Transportation by private deluxe air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle
- Driver and licensed tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Gas and parking fees
- Services charges and local taxes
Meet at Rihtim Cd 2, Kemankes Karamustafa Pasa Mh. Your guide will be at the port exit, holding a sign with your name on it for ease of contact (Open in Google Maps)
• Please note, the Jewish community allows museum and synagogue visits, by donation. Donation fees are not included in tour price
Product ID: 49350