Save money on souvenir items on a 4-hour shopping tour of Istanbul. Go to the Spice Bazaar to see vendors selling exotic spices and Turkish Delight. Find delicate silk fabrics in specialist shops, and go to family-run stores to purchase unique crafts.
What to Expect
Be part of the great trading history of Istanbul on a half-day shopping tour of its bazaars and boutiques. Thanks to its location on the Bosphorus Straits, İstanbul has been a key trade city for centuries, selling goods from the Far East and beyond.
Go to the Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar) to catch the exotic scent of seasonings from more than 100 vendors. Wander among the colorful mounds of food, and buy interesting spices, flavorings and authentic Turkish Delight.
Follow your guide to speciality shops selling delicate silks or trendy fashion fabrics. Visit a family-owned atelier that sells handmade ceramics, including Hittite terracotta, quartz from Seljuk, İznik (Nicea) tiles and more.
Then, transfer to the Grand Bazaar to get lost in the world’s oldest covered market. Bargain for souvenir gifts of jewelry, carpets, clothes and trinkets. End by meeting a calligraphy master, and learn about his techniques and different materials, including dried leaves.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and will be replaced with a visit to some authentic shops
• This is a small-group tour with a maximum of 15 participants
• The tour will take place with a minimum of 2 participants
• Please call the local supplier after booking for the exact time of your pick-up
• Pick-ups are only available for centrally located hotels in Istanbul. When verifying your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible
• A free shuttle pick-up is offered between 08:00 and 09:00 (depending on the location of your hotel) and takes 45 to 60 minutes