Istanbul: Fener and Balat Small-Group Walking Tour
- Join a small group walking tour along the Golden Horn
- See two authentic neighborhoods off the tourist trail
- Visit churches, mosques and synagogues in an all included walking tour
- Walk along the Byzantine city walls of Constantinople
Afterwards, visit the extraordinary church of Mary Blachernae, Ahrida Synagogue and walk the streets and markets of Balat through the splashes of color and the vibrancy of its street life. Experience the crisscross of washing lines on the crumbling buildings, and the labyrinth of cobblestone streets teeming with kids playing football.
You will then end your tour in Fener after seeing the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate which houses a column which is believed to have been used for the binding and flogging of Jesus in Jerusalem. The Greek Orthodox Patriarchal Church is an essential part of this tour, as it is the most sacred site for all of the 300 million Orthodox people in the world.
- Professional guide
- Walking exploration of the picturesque neighborhoods
- Small group tour with a maximum of 12 people
- Transportation to the meeting spot
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Karakoy ferry dock. Please make your way to Karakoy and walk down to the water to find the ferry dock. Your guide will be waiting at the exit. Looking at the sea, Galata Bridge will be on your right.Open in Google Maps ⟶